Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Note to Students of Linguistics 1

To the students of Linguistics 1, planning to write their essay on the "hella" prefix-

Welcome to the MakeHellaOfficial blog! Although this blog is fairly new, you should be able to find a satisfactory amount of information on the "hella" prefix proposal here, especially by reading the official petition. I'm not an expert on the "etymological, grammatical, or sociolinguistic" aspects of the word hella, but I'm happy to answer any additional questions you may have about the movement; feel free to ask your questions here by posting a comment. Though I'll try my best, bear in mind that I may not be able to get back to you by a certain time or date.

Thanks for stopping by, and good luck on your assignment!

Stay Classy,
Austin Sendek

1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    I'm in that lin 1 class and was wondering what your response is to comments that "hella" is just a slang word and doesn't belong in the scientific arena? Also, what do you think of people proposing "hecka" instead of "hella" so to make it less "offensive"?

    Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete